Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Revisiting m33

Horwig

Haven't tried M33 since late 2015, I had another go at the end of this November, but had a problem with my filter wheel not positioning repeatedly, so flats not working. I decided eventually that it was worth trying to salvage something from it, probably because it's my only image this year, damn cloud cover.

Here it is, cropped very hard to get rid of the horrible gradients:

M33-23A.thumb.jpg.f8e720a057d14dee5a0d4ea10a512a00.jpg

ZWO ASI6200MM, 40cm f3.6 Newt, 150 minutes L, 30 minutes each RGB, all 5 minute subs, and 100 minutes Ha in 20 minute subs

PI with BlurXterminator2, (naturally), finished in photoshop

The outer regions are very noisy, probably 150 minutes L is not enough, but applying Noise Xterminator gave a patchy effect

Huw

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ouroboros said:

Looks good. I like the natural looking colours. 

Thanks, the original TIFF looked a lot better to my eye, using 'export for web' from photoshop seems to screw up the saturation, not sure why.

H

23 minutes ago, Horwig said:

Thanks, the original TIFF looked a lot better to my eye, using 'export for web' from photoshop seems to screw up the saturation, not sure why.

H

I think that of my images posted here.  Is png better, and does the site accept them? 

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

I think that of my images posted here.  Is png better, and does the site accept them? 

I'm sure I've seen a discussion on this some time back, it probably involved colour space differences