NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M20 Meade 127, ZWO533 re process

Magnum

Just been reprocessing some old data with my latest workflow.

Here is M20 the Trifid Nebula from June 2021.

Only 15 X 3 min so lot of room to improve if I ever get more data on it.

Camera: ZWO ASI533MC pro @ Gain 100 - 15C.

Filter: Baader Lum.

Scope: Meade Series 5000 127mm F7.5 Triplet refractor.

Mount: EQ8 Pro.

Guided, Captured, Stacked, Streched, Flatten Background in MaximDL, Processed in Photoshop, Starnett++2 for Mac M1.

M20ZWO533Meade127FB.jpg

M20ZWO533Meade127StarlessFB.jpg

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 11

I think the reds are lovely and the blues are great so far as they go, but it's the blues which take the time at the capture stage. I'd be very surprised if anyone managed to get more out of your data than this.

The Meade 127 is rather a forgotten scope but I had one and liked it. I reviewed it for Astronomy Now and only sold it because an irresistible TEC140 turned up on the used market.

Olly

34 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

I think the reds are lovely and the blues are great so far as they go, but it's the blues which take the time at the capture stage. I'd be very surprised if anyone managed to get more out of your data than this.

The Meade 127 is rather a forgotten scope but I had one and liked it. I reviewed it for Astronomy Now and only sold it because an irresistible TEC140 turned up on the used market.

Olly

Thanks Olly, I really need to grab some more data next summer on this, its always so low for me and the way I have my scopes mounted side by side I can only get after its crossed the meridian as then Meade is then higher than the other scopes, even then I can only get 1 hour before next doors shed starts cutting the aperture 😞

Also being so low really blurs the detail and bloats the stars, so had to use all my tricks to get something useable, Blur Exterminator would probably do it easier but I dont use Pix insight .

Yes the Meade is a great scope, wonderfully sharp and great for the money on the used market, like your TEC 140 it has a tiny bit of CA fringing, but 1 click of Noels remove purple fringing cures that. If I ever upgraded it would be for something with around 1200mm FL but that would be huge in comparison. I see Sharpstar have recently released the Askar 185 app with 1295mm FL, looks a bit of a beast but at 5 grand it would pay for 5 of my scopes 😛 

Lee

Edited by Magnum