Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mounting small Askar with guidescope onto large mount, advice needed!

See image attached for my plan. I want a new guidescope attached to my Askar 180 which will be mounted on my neq6 but I'm not 100% sure it's going to work. I don't know how to put these items together as I'd probably need special screws. I have zero access to 3d printers or any other expensive high tech machinery, I just want easy access to things I can buy online on a budget. I already have the Arca swiss style plate, I just need the bracket and the Losmandy bar which are both 20cm long. There is a threaded hole on each end which I'm hoping I can fix together with longer screws which I don't have. If that doesn't work(OR) then I skip the swiss and just put both pieces together and hope that they are aligned.

Also I am in need of another guiderscope as I don't want to have to keep changing the calibration since I have 3 telescopes I use and It would be better if each one had their own guidescope, however I only have one guide camera so I still have to swap over. A lightweight one would be best to fit on the shoe on top of the silver bracket, OR a new bracket for the Askar which would line up with the other one then I can put a new or existing guidescope on as I use the one from my Evostar ED which is terrible. Another thing is trying to balance all of this with a 5kg weight on the EQ6 as well as balancing on the other axis, but I can't see that being a problem honestly.

So can anyone tell me how or if I can mount this all together with screws etc and recommend a guiderscope for my Askar 180 as I take 4min subs usually.

plan.png