A Panorama of Jupiter and The Pleiades

JackW07

One of my good friends recently started on a project, he plans on taking around 4-5 minutes of exposure time of Jupiter (Through his 11 in Schmidt-Cassegrain) and The Pleiades, he then plans on taking photos of the space in between these objects to create an ultra panorama that include a detailed photo of both Jupiter and The Pleiades. I can't wait to see the results

But everything aside, how many things do you see could go wrong/will be a problem, with this project? He seems to believe this will go perfectly and he will have no problems.

Best,

Jack

Edited by JackW07

5 hours ago, JackW07 said:

One of my good friends recently started on a project, he plans on taking around 4-5 hours of exposure time of Jupiter (Through his 11 in Schmidt-Cassegrain) and The Pleiades, he then plans on taking photos of the space in between these objects to create a ultra panorama that include a detailed photo of both Jupiter and The Pleiades. I can't wait to see the results

But everything aside, how many things do you see could go wrong/will be a problem, with this project? He seems to belive this will go perfectly and he will have no problems.

Best,

Jack

Sounds interesting, though he won’t need 4 to 5 hours on Jupiter; a few minutes of hi res/hi frame rate video processed correctly should do the job.

5 hours ago, JackW07 said:

One of my good friends recently started on a project, he plans on taking around 4-5 hours of exposure time of Jupiter (Through his 11 in Schmidt-Cassegrain) and The Pleiades, he then plans on taking photos of the space in between these objects to create a ultra panorama that include a detailed photo of both Jupiter and The Pleiades. I can't wait to see the results

But everything aside, how many things do you see could go wrong/will be a problem, with this project? He seems to belive this will go perfectly and he will have no problems.

Best,

Jack

When is he planning to do this? Jupiter is now over 20 degrees from the Pleiades and the separation is widening.  

If you wish to take in other objects in the same FOV as a planet such as M45, they'll be little detail on the planet in a wide shot as pixel interpretation will average out any detail of the planet surface at such small resolution, taking images like this planets appear little larger than the background stars.

I suspect you mean they'll image Jupiter separately then compare it to its "live" view proximity to M45 in a separate wide angle shot.

Edited by Elp