Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C/2023 H2 Lemmon

My first post from earlier has vanished, so will repost.

I took some photos with my iPhone 12 to see if I could capture Comet H2 Lemmon around 18.30 7th Nov. If you look closely it's just about there, and matches the view I had in binoculars. The enlargement shows M13 below and the comet above both ringed, Hercules near the centre of full frame. It's bigger and brighter again, taken just before the clouds rolled in. 

Comet H2 Lemmon iphone.JPG

comet h2 lemmon.jpeg

Edited by andrew63
photo
  • Like 5

I imaged the comet very low in the sky on Monday evening. It was rather a rushed session, unfortunately, due to the frequent showers and the comet getting lower. As a result my focus could have been better; occasional wind gusts didn't help either. I'm hoping to get another chance, perhaps on Friday evening.

So this was just 12 x 30-sec exposures at ISO 6400 and f/4, taken with a Canon EOS 600D and Zeiss Jena 135mm f/3.5 lens on a Vixen Polarie star tracker. The frames were stacked in DeepSkyStacker, and post-processed using Canon Photo Professional (for curves adjustment) and CyberLink PhotoDirector (for noise and gradient reduction). I've cropped the result a little.

Regards, Mike.

Comet H2 Lemmon.jpg

• Like 2