NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Very brief view on Jupiter with the F16 - sVbony 7-21

bomberbaz

There was a 10 minute gap in the cloud earlier that I took quick advantage of to try out the recently acquired 76.5mm/F16 along with the new sVbony zoom.

Not a lot you can gain or say from such a short session, although what was a good start is the OTA is in conservatory which is currently unheated so was already pre-cooled.

What I can say is the OTA is surprisingly stable on the skytee 2. There were some slight concerns over a slight dent in the ota tube up near by the objective but @Peter Drew assured me that it should be fine in an F16 configuration and this appeared to be the case on a defocused star, so the dent will be simply filled and ota resprayed later.

The sVbony  zoom was silky smooth in use and eye placement was very comfortable with no aberrations or other eye ball to eye guard issues apparent in the short spell.

The views on Jupiter were ok but it was a pretty poor sky due to smoke and gunk in the sky. So it would be unreasonable to expect a real "visual" review of the gear used, but it was a very encouraging 10 minutes none the less.

• Like 3