NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn with TSA

FranckiM06

It is also nice shoot but with the C9.25, I think you got lot of turbulence !

Ah, I have some question about your Vixen GP-DX : How you drive your mount and which software ?

I have a friend in New Caledonia and he have the Vixen GP-D2 and he bought the Starbook kit but we tried the last time when I was over there for my work, and he can't drive her mount with any software from the computer !!!

I mind for me, I drive my mount with "Carte du Ciel" and everything is fine but for him when we try to drive her mount with the same software, anything work ! I think the system is not available and maybe later this Vixen mount could be drived by some any software !

Thank you in advance for yours information's about that.

Best regards.

Franck

Hello Franck,

Yes I get turbulance all the time here in the North of England !!!

The mount is a Vixen GP-DX with SS2000-PC, however I have not linked the system up to a PC yet.

Sorry I cannot be of help.

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Franck,

I used a Celestron x2 Ultima for the above image.

I now have a x3 Televue Barlow which I will try asap with the TSA.

However the jet stream is back over the UK now :icon_rolleyes:

Here is an image with my (now departed) C9.25, an SPC900 webcam and the x3 Televue ...

post-13701-133877371348_thumb.jpg

Oh, it is bery sharp and very nice shoot that you done !

I think if you done this picture with your old C9, it was very well adjusted !

Can you tell me why did you sale already your C9,25 ?

Because, I would like to buy a MAK 703 or C9 for the planetary and also the galaxy or planetary nebulae ! What choice could you propose to me ?

Or, I take another refractor AP130 or TOA 130 !

But, I think the MAK is better for the planetary !

Which city you stay ? In 1990 I've been during 9 month for my job to Leek near of Manchester. I like to stay in country side but the weather is not soo nice and often cloudy.

Best regards.

Franck

Franck

Thanks Franck,

Of the scopes you mentioned I would go for the TOA-130 - perfect collimation and quick cool down - too heavy for my bad back though as it needs an EQ6 to support it.

Maks are good but only with active cooling.

So, you think it will be better to get TOA 130 that Intes Micro Mak 703 ?

I understand about the temperature but I don't know if I will get more light with it !

For you, you have the new AP130 (gran turismo) 6,8 Kg but the TOA 130 is about 11 Kg !

I have EQ6 already.

Franck

Archived