Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY268 question (or other IMX571 camera like ZWO ASI2600)

inFINNity Deck

This week I received files from another two IMX571 cameras as well as from the camera under discussion here, this time taken with EzCap (QHYCCD software). The other two cameras are another QHY268 (indicated with "MG" in below image) and a Touptek. The other QHY268 was used in High Gain 2CMS Read Mode and normal High Gain Read Mode. This time I compared the files using CCD Ciel, each section shows a section of the image at 300% with under it the statistics and below that the histogram:

afbeelding.thumb.png.c31a39017e7bb2431004714c886a8400.png

Although switching from Voyager to EzCap lowered the standard deviation, it still is significantly higher than for images from the other two cameras. Reason for that must be the three clear peaks in the histograms of this camera.

Given all the tests I fear that the issue is in this particular camera, not in the model or IMX571 sensor.

Nicolàs