NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Premium eyepieces for bresser 10" dob

billy86

If you are set on 100 degree eyepieces the APM XWA 100 degree range are very close to Ethos performance at substantially lower prices.

The ES 100's are not quite as good as the APM XWA's.

Have you tried a 100 degree eyepiece ? - they don't suit everybody by any means.

Your current eyepieces are pretty good by the way. The Panaview 32 could be improved on by the Stellalyra 30mm UFF though.

1 hour ago, billy86 said:

So I'm struggling to make my mind up I've been looking at the ethos line and es100° and can't make my mind up 

I would rate the APM XWA line (and all the other labels they are sold under) as better, optically, than the ES 100s.

Try one focal length first to see if you like the large apparent field.  If you do, they come in 20mm, 13mm, 9mm, 7mm, 4.8mm (labeled 5), and 3.5mm.  The latter 2 are 110°.

• Like 1

The 31mm Nagler T5 might be another option to replace the 32mm Panaview SWA if you like 82 degree eyepieces.

The Nikon NAV-HW 12.5mm and 17mm eyepieces are another premium hyperwide option.  Each comes with a dedicated screw on optical element to allow the 17mm to become a 14mm eyepiece and the 12.5mm to become a 10mm eyepiece with no optical quality loss.  Most reviewers indicate they slightly edge out the Ethos and have more comfortable eye relief.  The 17mm can be difficult to achieve perfect coma correction in a Paracorr II, though.