Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pickering's Triangle

powerlord

I'd have like longer on this, but the weather didn't play ball. 3 hours of 10 min subs with my 200pds, asi2600 and L-ultimate.

It's a bit noisy, but noiseX was just mushing it up when I tried any more noise removal, so I've left it as is - still lots of fine detail in there.

Veil.200pds.PickeringsTriangle.thumb.jpg.68e2eb8036fed38acecf91594a8bca6e.jpg

• Like 7

I tend to mostly shoot 10 mins subs with the L-ultimate - it's a 3nm dual band.  10 mins vs 5 mins seems visually obviously better to me ? Surely it depends on aperture, target brightness and a bunch of other stuff ? I just tend to stick with what works for me - clear skies are rare enough without using ones to experiment with when things are already working. The only time I drop em to 5 mins is if I'm imaging somewhere with a very high FL and struggling to get a low enough guide RMS.

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, powerlord said:

I tend to mostly shoot 10 mins subs with the L-ultimate - it's a 3nm dual band.  10 mins vs 5 mins seems visually obviously better to me ? Surely it depends on aperture, target brightness and a bunch of other stuff ? I just tend to stick with what works for me - clear skies are rare enough without using ones to experiment with when things are already working. The only time I drop em to 5 mins is if I'm imaging somewhere with a very high FL and struggling to get a low enough guide RMS.

Hmmm, the thing is you probably get even better results with a lot more shorter subs of 5 min or even 3 mins, with that size scope,  and if you have to lose any subs, better to lose a 3 mins sub that a 10 min one…these modern CMOS cameras, only really need enough exposure time to swamp the read noise of the camera, any more is just not worth it, so in Your case 3 mins should be enough…

Its worth trying…👍🏻