Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Founder Optics

IB20

Don’t know a lot about this brand but awhile ago I took a punt on the Founder Optics 1.25” dielectric mirror diagonal and I’ve been extremely happy with it. Love the locking collet mechanism (I don’t use undercut EPs 😅) and it’s optically excellent. It also looks and feels quality, love the alien green!

Have a Tak prism with my slower 3” but read BillP’s diagonal review piece on CN and with my 4” f7 thought I’d try it with a mirror diagonal. I have absolutely no complaints and am not looking to upgrade, which for me says a lot about this diagonal’s performance.

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cajen2 said:

I think their 'Marvel' EP range are clones of the StellaLyra 80° LER/UWAs, which are made by Long Perng. Don't know about the diagonal.

I think the diagonal is by Long Perng as well.

It's good stuff judging from the items that I've tried from that source.

• Like 1

In the BillP review of diagonals I think the Astro Tech ones are also Long Perng products. 

I've owned both the 1.25 inch and 2 inch versions at some time or another under various brandings. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John said:

In the BillP review of diagonals I think the Astro Tech ones are also Long Perng products. 

I've owned both the 1.25 inch and 2 inch versions at some time or another under various brandings. 

Hmmm interesting. Bill’s piece reported that the AT diagonal was softer on the moon at high mags. I have noticed such but attributed it to the scope and seeing. Will compare with the Tak prism next chance I get!

• Like 1