NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anybody here with CCD inspector who can help….

Just wondered if anyone here has a fully licensed copy of CCD inspector and would run an image through for me and PM me the results….

I had  an evaluation copy last year, but ran out now and can’t have another 30 day one apparently…and too expensive to buy ATM

this is the fits like link, in my Google drive, if anyone can help

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KNkMIjkpMsyFgFgmxPr8o9pi7CX0rx-F/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks in Advance…

2 hours ago, knobby said:

What are you looking for ? If it's just tilt etc ASTAP can show how much and what direction .

Yes tried that, but was also wanting curvature info too…I am not sure ASTAP does that, although it does say tilt and curvature in the text about ASTAP so maybe there is a measurement in there that can help with this…do you know…??

Really not sure but it looks good 🤞🏻

I guess if you zoom in and look at the numbers you might be able to make some sense of it ?

I think Nina has a more graphic display but as far as I know it's only on a live capture just taken .

• Like 1

Here's the curvature plot from CCDI and also the aberration inspector from ASTAP. Both look pretty good - numbers in top corners just slightly bigger than bottom. I think the mid points in the lines give you an idea on your backspacing, but can't remember which way round the numbers work for too close / too far. It'll be in the documentation somewhere I guess. But again, it's pretty close. 

I use the Hocus Focus Aberration inspector in NINA for my tilt management and so on. It uses a whole focus run to compare curves for all corners, so takes a little while, but you get a good clear picture. I think the ASTAP documentation recommends this method of using our of focus stars either side of focus to build up a picture.

Looking at the stars, it does look like some slight adjustments might help, but you'd need a precision tilter probably?

CCDI.png

ASTAP.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fegato said:

Here's the curvature plot from CCDI and also the aberration inspector from ASTAP. Both look pretty good - numbers in top corners just slightly bigger than bottom. I think the mid points in the lines give you an idea on your backspacing, but can't remember which way round the numbers work for too close / too far. It'll be in the documentation somewhere I guess. But again, it's pretty close. 

I use the Hocus Focus Aberration inspector in NINA for my tilt management and so on. It uses a whole focus run to compare curves for all corners, so takes a little while, but you get a good clear picture. I think the ASTAP documentation recommends this method of using our of focus stars either side of focus to build up a picture.

Looking at the stars, it does look like some slight adjustments might help, but you'd need a precision tilter probably?

CCDI.png

ASTAP.png

Thanks very much for that, much appreciated, yes I will need to find out which way the flattener needs to go, as for tilt I have a CTU in the imaging train, 18.2% curvature seems high, or is it not…??

8 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Thanks very much for that, much appreciated, yes I will need to find out which way the flattener needs to go, as for tilt I have a CTU in the imaging train, 18.2% curvature seems high, or is it not…??

I think you're always likely to have some - I guess optimum will depend on your set up - optics, sensor size etc. Mine needs a little work at the moment - just checked a recent sub and it's 19%. Can definitely get a bit better than that.

Key thing though is what the stars look like. If I get them round in each corner, I try to stop looking at the numbers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...