Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m15

alacant

p1.png.856fe13c2b70c6f7eec1c334e68272e1.pngHi everyone

One of the few occasions - two per month if we're lucky- where the atmosphere allows guiding good enough for a 1000mm fl telescope. I'm coming to the conclusion that any longer and you may as well just use something shorter; if you want closer, just enlarge it.

Not many globular clusters recently (not many nights good enough!) so in an attempt to redress the balance...

Thanks for looking. Maybe tell us what focal length limit you consider doable using low end equipment at your site.

gso203, siril 1.3.0a, st 1.9.558b, ~2h

1-15.thumb.jpg.2e785f694d70dee07c1762f60ab47395.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, alacant said:

two per month if we're lucky

In a typical month I am lucky to get this many days imaging. I do not even look at the seeing / moon - just do what I can, when I can.

Having said this, my RC8 is reduced and binned to give 1.5"/pixel and the only other longer focal length scope I have is 800mm. So in reality I do not do any 'high resolution' imaging.

It's a nice looking cluster - sharp stars and natural looking colours.👍