NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cone and Fox Fur

Rodd

Until my mount is working again, I must dig deep to find data worth processing. For this one , I used about 16 hours of FSQ RGB data and 4 hours of TOA Ha.  

2ED65F9F-0AFF-4042-856F-E2A1D7BE8D59.thumb.jpeg.3619a072b737a45569c28ccd85f77311.jpeg

The top of my wish list? A bigger sensor

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, powerlord said:

Nice. I see you are getting some weird artifacts on some stars though ? too much blurx ?

Screenshot2023-10-04at10_08_18.png.c26f625da2f5d8cfa6dbecf6a4baa178.png

Partly.  The RGB data was collected at 318 mm and the stars were bloated. It makes for difficult processing.  I figured who would use an electron microscope to peep. I will see if I can fix them. 

15 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Partly.  The RGB data was collected at 318 mm and the stars were bloated. It makes for difficult processing.  I figured who would use an electron microscope to peep. I will see if I can fix them. 

haha. I only peeped because I get the same problem! what I tend to do now if I see it is have a less deconvoluted layer and blend that in for those stars if it's particularly obvious.

I've become a pixel peeper! arg!! what have I done!

You have evolved into a higher form. It can only bring improvement.  I am looking at removing the stars and replacing them with new, less exterminated stars. Sometimes these types of artifacts will be generated by PI’s star alignment tool. It’s a clamping threshold thing. Pretty frustrating. I think there is some evidence of this in my original Ha stack.  I’ll try and eliminate them.  

haha. I only peeped because I get the same problem! what I tend to do now if I see it is have a less deconvoluted layer and blend that in for those stars if it's particularly obvious.

I fixed tghe stars.  It turns out that I had con verted the PI file format of xisf to FITs for upload and several stars showed tghe artifacts.  So I worked with the original xisf file and removed the stars in linear state, then stretched them tso they approximately matched this images original stars.  Then I removed the stars in this image and replaced them with the new stars.  Thank you!!!  I am ashamed to have not noticed the artifacts.  The image is improved becuase you took the time to look.  No Extermination!

e.thumb.jpg.db853b6e04e0d22a794466c6d0849c98.jpg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 1

Here is the same image cropped and upsampled.  I did exterminate these stars to good effect I think.

eup.thumb.jpg.22d5914644e96c81f152af0f4567b40c.jpg