NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bubble Nebula NGC7635

JonCarleton

Here's NGC7635 (Bubble Nebula).  This is 600 @ 30 second subs with a 10" Newt and ASI178MC.  Imaging Software:  CCDciel/Skychart/PHD2, Processing Software: Astap (for grading only), Siril (Stacking only), PixInsight and additional color balancing in GIMP.  All Linux-based.

BubbleNebula-NGC7635.jpg

• Like 11

Hi

Nice shot.

I'm struggling with this traget ATM and your image is inspiring. I definitely prefer up close rather than enlarging something wider.
One small point; I bet there's loads more information in your data should you wish to extract it, but hey the bubble isolated as you have it works very well.

Cheers  

• Like 2

Alacant and Olly,

Alas yes, the ASI178MC is a very noisy planetary camera.  I frequently find myself clipping to battle noise, even with NoiseXterminator and some other tricks in GIMP.  I also lose a lot with the conversion to .JPG from the .FITS imaging for posting.  Probably though, I should just buy a deep sky camera :)

Edited by JonCarleton
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JonCarleton said:

Alacant and Olly,

Alas yes, the ASI178MC is a very noisy planetary camera.  I frequently find myself clipping to battle noise, even with NoiseXterminator and some other tricks in GIMP.  I also lose a lot with the conversion to .JPG from the .FITS imaging for posting.  Probably though, I should just buy a deep sky camera :)

There are better ways to beat low signal than clipping. This is a big subject but it is worth looking into.

Olly