Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EFW Mini and astrodon filters

I've not had much luck with my reflector and imaging so decided to switch back to the trusty Esprit 100 on the pier. I will be using the 2600MC on that this season but would like to continue with narrowband with my 533MM and Redcat. Problem is I have a SX filterwheel so not compatible with the ASIAir. I've read some accounts of the Astrodon filters not being compatible with the ZWO EFW and FLO website mentions there are some constraints with filter cell depths. Can anybody confirm? There is an apparent workaround with turning the back plate of the EFW to gain some clearance? Would like to know for sure before I part with cash.

39 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Hi Dave ..   I have Astrodon 1.25 filters in a ZWO EFW..  i needed to turn the front plate over to get the required clearance ..  works fine 

Dave 

Hi Dave,

Is the EFW plate recessed so by turning it over it sits above the recess, thus gaining a mm or 2? 

Yes Dave, It has a slight recess where the front plate sits on the body so by turning it over you create some extra room for the filters.. for my efw (8x1.25) the amount by which it is too shallow the right way around is tiny and some of the filters are ok … but some rub 

Dave