Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good Caroline Herschel book

badhex

Hello all, 

I'm looking for recommendations on a good book about Caroline Herschel, available in ebook format. I was looking through the kindle listings and most of them have quite mixed reviews, so was hoping some SGLers might be able to give a first hand experience. 

So far the only one I've found without quite mixed reviews is "The Georgian Star: How William and Caroline Herschel Revolutionized Our Understanding of the Cosmos" which per the title is about both siblings, but happy to give it a go if it's is worthwhile. 

Obviously the ideal scenario would be if we could read her journals from when she was most active, but alas! 

Edited by badhex

• badhex changed the title to Good Caroline Herschel book
3 hours ago, Gfamily said:

I enjoyed The Comet Sweeper by Claire Brock. Available on Kindle or Google Play Books for about £4 ish

Thanks. I think this is one of the ones with some not so good reviews (actually I think the main complaint is that it's not very scientific?) but I don't always set much store by what amazon reviews say hence me asking aome actual astronomers here! Plus for £4 you probably can't go wrong 🙂