Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need help with guiding neq6 pro & EQMOD

Hi!

I have a neq6 pro and a c11 with 2x Barlow and a zwo 290mm. I also have a finder scope a d filpmirror with a eyepiece with crosshair.

My problem is that in firecapturei get s error message when initializing scope mount that some values can't be used. And that I need to manually insert them. So my EQ mount won't track anywhere near OK.. and when I hit autoguid for planets and lunar/moon. It really starts acting crazy.

When I try to insert values for sending periodic corrections to mount it just seems to get worse what ever I try.

Please help me because Im starting to get real frustrated now.

Edited by Chrb1985
Misspelled topic

• Chrb1985 changed the title to Need help with guiding neq6 pro & EQMOD

Good question ! I've managed to get my gear to work occasionally, but not reliably. I entered ascom compliant mount in settings hardware telescope - then autoguiding I entered 900 ms for RA and Dec.

Then pressed calibrate to test.

I think it can vary depending on orientation of camera.

Stick with it as it really helps especially with a tiny sensor.

Ok so what is was set the settigns back to scratch. And I entered -1,000 insted of positive numbers. I only did this on the horizontal axis. And I really worked out 99% perfect. 

But what I noticed is that if something crashes or freezes or I change something like kinda unusual settings it stops to work. I tried to activate autoguide and than it went really crazy and when I got back to no guiding the whole thing still acted crazy. 

Needed to debit the laptop and sett some of the settings back before it started to function correctly again. So I guess this is a trial and error situation.

On 08/09/2023 at 13:01, knobby said:

Yep, mine works when it feels like it 🙂

Hmmm. That's so dumb. I feel that if this is on Firecapture or eqmod side, they should fix it. If it is just that we havetoo poor mounts than that's okay I guess. Or many this is just user error :p

I tore mye while setup down and cleaned it this weekend. Took of the corrector platen and washed both mirrors. Modified the dowtail and added a primalucelab dowtail with the primalucelab eagle 4 PC. Also bought a Celestron c11 dew ring. So I'm kinda excited to get all of this up and running soon. Gonna pay close attention to all details while installing software and settings this time. Take good time and I will report back if I get things working good a tracking ok. 

If the autoguide could work as in the Firecapture toturial video than it would be a perfect life in a peefect world from then on 🤣😂

On 11/09/2023 at 13:24, knobby said:

don't give up, I used it again on Friday night and it worked a treat.

I dropped the corrections down to 400ms and decreased the time between corrections to 1 second.

Okay. Thanx for update. I'm sucking in all I can get a will make a note of that to. Thank you!

• Like 1

Thought I'd just post some pictures from last night reassembly and cleaning session.

IMG_20230913_232351.jpg

This is the way I had it mounted. Bulge outwards from the T2 adapter.

IMG_20230913_232304.jpg

It's clearly which way the bulge is faceing.

IMG_20230913_232138.jpg

IMG_20230913_232102.jpg

The whole cleaning station

IMG_20230913_234104.jpg

This is the camera side. And I think I dig a good job capturing the glare. You can clearly see that the bulge is faceing inwards in the T2 adapter.

IMG_20230913_234134.jpg

Another one just to clearly indicate that the bulge is going inwards. I might also add that I really don't think I opened that side. I tried last night but could not get the locking mechanism open. And I can't renner ever taking it apart on that side either. So my guess is that it's still the way it was from the factory.

IMG_20230913_234140.jpg

IMG_20230913_234213.jpg

Here is the lens on its way back home in the T2 adapter again the bulge is facing inwards in the T2 adapter. So from the diagram earlier in this post its the exact opposite. On the picture I. That diagram these two lenses have their bulge facing outwards.IMG_20230913_234213.thumb.jpg.9774ab7861acd434477db4ece4349703.jpg

IMG_20230913_234305.jpg

IMG_20230913_234308.jpg

IMG_20230913_234312.jpg

And these three last pics is just to illustrate that it's complete and cleans etc, and also to show a lable throug both sides and the lable without the Barlow. In my head if this was the right configuration you'd see som magnification?

And when I just held the one out of the 3 lenses in this Barlow Infront of things, they actually got magnified..

But I guess that when this sits in its place in the image train behind the telescope mabye that combo will make it magnify anyway?

Kinda feeling like a blind man in the jungle here. Please help. All contributions are much appreciated.

IMG_20230913_234126.jpg

IMG_20230913_234130.jpg

Edited by Chrb1985
Added image notes