NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My first ever astrophoto: NGC7000 North America nebula

On 06/09/2023 at 14:36, Bluesboystig said:

This is really helpful, thank you very much! I guess I'll have to try and be as precise as possible with framing again?

Let me give you a third option 🙂 Use the GUI interface of Sirilic. It does all the magic of creating the script and running thro Siril. https://siril.org/docs/sirilic/

• Like 1

On 05/09/2023 at 12:58, Bluesboystig said:

Hi everyone, super excited, got my first session last night and went for NGC7000. Needless to say, I have a shedload to learn and a lot of pick up for processing, but wanted to share with you and ask for any advice, comments, suggestions etc. 

Equipment used: Star Adventurer GTI, WO z61 with flat61, Canon eos2000d unmodded, Optolong L-Pro. 86 lights (55s each) for a total of 1h15mins of integration time, 15 darks, 15 flats, 15 bias frames. (I think I have some dust on the sensor, I see there are some circular artefacts in the image). Bortle 6 sky in Berkshire

FIT file at the bottom

image.thumb.jpeg.048e414312c2795bb78abd0ab603f95b.jpeg

NGC7000.fit 204.47 MB · 8 downloads

@Blueboy Brilliant image mate, even better considering it's your first attempt. I've been doing astro-imaging for roughly 1 year and mine aren't this good! LOL. 

Clear Skies! Wes, Liverpool ( Bortle 7 )

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 05/09/2023 at 13:53, Bluesboystig said:

Thanks @Mark2022! I'm quite happy with the result, even though I think I overdid it with the processing, it looks a bit noisy to me. I might try remove stars to edit the nebulosity and re-apply them with starnet (need to learn how to do all that but hey). Also, I think that just over 1h of integration time is not that much time (plus a 70% moon). Lots to learn for sure!

I'm a newbie but it looks really nice as is.