NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn & Jupiter 4th-9th-23

siatnite

Earlier was better on Jupiter the seeing being steadier with moments of good transparency, Saturn very stable better than the previous night but thin cloud still an issue.

Images taken with C9 - skyris 326 mono 1.5x amplification. Thanks for looking (si@nite).

Jupe 04-09-2023 rgb.png

rgb5A.png

rgb5A1.png

rgb5A.png

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Kon said:

Great images Simon. Jupiter full of details and a really sharp Saturn.

Thanks Kon, i was fairly lucky with the seeing early on, i wanted to wait for the grs but im tired out staying up to be honest, but conditions did start to deteriorate just after these captures!

32 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Lovely set of images Simon!

Cheers Stuart appreciated, i think if seeing allows we should be getting some extremely good data over the coming weeks!

2 hours ago, siatnite said:

Thanks Kon, i was fairly lucky with the seeing early on, i wanted to wait for the grs but im tired out staying up to be honest, but conditions did start to deteriorate just after these captures!

Cheers Stuart appreciated, i think if seeing allows we should be getting some extremely good data over the coming weeks!

I think Stuart and I had a similar experience yesterday. Good seeing but hard to get to focus.

I know what you mean about tiredness. I had a 10hr solid sleep last night to catch up from the weekend but it is looking good the rest of the week...hhmmmmm.

(By the way, I just noticed you have a new account/username).

8 minutes ago, siatnite said:
22 minutes ago, cheryl simone said:

what processing software are you using!

Will pm you!

You make it sound mysterious, you have to tell us the magic behind these excellent images 😉

29 minutes ago, Kon said:

You make it sound mysterious, you have to tell us the magic behind these excellent images 😉

No magic i do not consider my images better than anyone elses its experience of processing the data good or bad, getting the best out of what you have captured, imo less is more in processing tease the detail out without making it to harsh is my recipe, Neil Phillips inspired me a long time ago back in the day who has & still produces some beautiful planetary & lunar images was always willing to give advice!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, siatnite said:

No magic i do not consider my images better than anyone elses its experience of processing the data good or bad, getting the best out of what you have captured, imo less is more in processing tease the detail out without making it to harsh is my recipe, Neil Phillips inspired me a long time ago back in the day who has & still produces some beautiful planetary & lunar images was always willing to give advice!

😄. I agree less is more. Both Neil and Stuart having been great to guide me on processing, and super helpful offline too.