NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Milky Way overhead from Anglesey 20/08/2023

This past weekend, Mrs Swoop and I went to Wrexham to watch our team at football. Apparently a 5-5 draw was an entertaining game (unless you were the team that had a 1-4 lead at half time.....)

Anyhoo, we spent the following few nights on Anglesey, staying just outside of Almwch on the North/ North West coast.

Knowing it had dark skies, I took the Sony a6300, tripod and Omegon clockwork drive.

Night two, we took a short drive to a coastal viewing platform and set up. Not perfect dark due to an LED streetlight some 50 meters away but, after a bit of adaptation, the Milky Way was visible so, I set the kit up, pointed it overhead in the general direction of the MW and ran off some exposures.

The following is the result of some of them.

Sony a6300, 16mm, f4.5, ISO3200. 6 X 30 second exposures, stacked in DSS, tweaked in SIRIL and GIMP

MilkyWay1GIMP2023-08-20.thumb.jpg.852e022bc46576b00e073ff6f0ef80db.jpg

• Like 10