Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Combining asi533 with asi585 data

If you're processing manually such a thing is easy as you're controlling the scale and alignment. Some automated software doesn't like it however if the input stacks are different in resolution size or pixel scale, I think Siril can do it though.

• Like 1

Siril will happily stack images with any (reasonable) difference in pixel scale to a single stacked image. I have stacked 0.76''/pixel, 0.91''/pixel and 1''/pixel images to a single file and it all worked like it should. Its not always a good idea because there can be signal to noise ratio issues if the datasets are too far apart in quality but your 2 cameras are reasonably similar so I'd say it will work out fine.

There is one thing to keep in mind, and that is the end resolution you want to go for. Whatever image you import as the first file in the input sequence to Siril will be the reference image, and all images will we warped and transformed to match that. So if you want the stack to have the pixel scale of the 533, input a 533 sub first or vice versa for the 585 data.

Edited by ONIKKINEN
  • Like 1