NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there a way to retrieve lost STF settings in Pixinsight?

Is there a way to retrieve STF settings previously applied to a linear image when the STF process has now been closed?

I’ve tried unsuccessfully to recreate the STF settings on a clone of the originally STF’d image.

Pixinsight must “know” what the original STF settings are because the image has been saved, closed and reopened  to appear on the screen with those original settings applied.  They don’t seem to be in the header or history explorer data for the file.

It’s no great shakes if this is not possible. I’ll just have to try harder to reproduce a pleasing stretch. I just thought someone might know.

Cheers. :) 

If I have an image with an STF applied and close STF then on opening STF again it displays the settings back again. If you have "Track View" enabled it just applies the settings to the STF screen for each image you select

14 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

If I have an image with an STF applied and close STF then on opening STF again it displays the settings back again. If you have "Track View" enabled it just applies the settings to the STF screen for each image you select

…… and you are correct.  Now why didn’t I think of that? :)

The STF takes its setting from the image it is tracking.  So I will now apply that to a histogram to fix the stretch.

I haven’t been doing much or indeed any processing for a while and unfortunately my “forgetting curve” for Pixinsight is very steep.

Thanks Scotty. 

• Like 1