Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27

Paul Holdsworth

Hi all, it's been a while since I posted an image ! I lost the first 6 weeks of summer due to having the scopes all wrapped up for some building work and then it's been just night after night of cloud ......it was only the ashes series that kept me going  😅 Anyhow I finally got a clear night on Tuesday so this is just 3 hours on M27 so a bit smash and grab but hey just nice to be out imaging again. The core was way brighter than I was expecting but at least the outer shell is starting to show ! The image has been processed in pixinsight with a bit of colour work in photoshop.  

Cheers Paul

M27 Final forum (1 of 1)-2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

Nice one, @Paul Holdsworth.  Is that with your 150P?  You’re right, I think the centre is a tad blown out.  Colour’s good though. Any mileage in revisiting the stretching of the image do you think? 

Thank you. Yes I did this one with the 150P which for the money I think is a decent telescope. On the stretching you're right I'm going to have another look at it probably using GHS. I suspect I'll be able to tame the core but probably at the expense of the shell. 

Cheers Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ouroboros said:

Nice one, @Paul Holdsworth.  Is that with your 150P?  You’re right, I think the centre is a tad blown out.  Colour’s good though. Any mileage in revisiting the stretching of the image do you think? 

1 minute ago, peter shah said:

That outer shell is showing really nicely...great shot

Thanks Peter, yes the shell seems to be appearing but I'm going to have another look & see if by using GHS I can tame the core a bit .

Cheers Paul