Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Changed filters your thoughts please left unstretched

iwols

Hi just changed all my lrgb/sho filters.Two fits files from the old HA and the new one, any thoughts on quality  difference(not saying which is which yet😁)

thanks

Target NGC 7000---- filter HA ----Frame 0000 ----Exposure 300.00 --Angle 45.10 --- focus 23911.fits Target NGC 7000---- filter HA ----Frame 0001 ----Exposure 300.00 --Angle 298.30 --- focus 24470.fits

Edited by iwols

• iwols changed the title to Changed filters your thoughts please left unstretched

I'm not one for details analysis of an image but there is a definite decrease in noise and an increase in detail in 23911. 

If it wasn't for the Fits Header info I would say they were different cameras or exposure lengths.

I hope 23911 is with the new filters and that you're really pleased with the results. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budgie1 said:

I'm not one for details analysis of an image but there is a definite decrease in noise and an increase in detail in 23911

Agreed. Also, given the 1/3 of the average signal which suggests a much narrower band pass.

@iwolsI wish you hadn't done this; I keep telling myself that the filters I have are fine and I do not need to buy new ones..... I can feel my wallet groaning already🤣

• Like 3