Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Zwo EAF setup.

Before i mount my zwo eaf electronic focuser to my refractor zwo says to For the standard bracket installation The 0 position is recommended to be set to the position when the focuser is fully retracted? so is this when focus is all the way in to the telescope or when the tube is drawn all the way back? then i would need to zero the postion in the ascom driver?.

@redfox1971 I believe I had it in when I set mine up, to be honest it doesn't matter if it's fully in or out as you can change the direction of travel in the software. Just make sure it's not fully in or out when you set the 0 position, that way if there's an issue it will stop before the full travel of the focusser so you don't damage the EAF.

2 minutes ago, Dinglem said:

@redfox1971 I believe I had it in when I set mine up, to be honest it doesn't matter if it's fully in or out as you can change the direction of travel in the software. Just make sure it's not fully in or out when you set the 0 position, that way if there's an issue it will stop before the full travel of the focusser so you don't damage the EAF.

Thanks D.

• Like 1