NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ic 417 and ngc 1931

wimvb

The Spider and the Fly. Reprocessed data from March 2022. The central region of ngc 1931 is quite bright, and reminds me of the core of M42. This nebula also has a small group of stars in the core, similar to the Trapezium stars in M42. The core is home to a dark nebula, DOBASHI 4431

Almost 6 hrs worth of HaRGB data captured with my MN190 and ASI294MM

Original version:

ic417_HaRGB_230803.thumb.jpg.28a706332078e0a16e24b58ba9f20d08.jpg

Improved version:

ic417_HaRGB_230804_v2.thumb.jpg.9f534188d4cdea901bfe819cf86d960e.jpg

Edited by wimvb
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, peter shah said:

another cracker....beautiful

Thank you, Peter. For some reason, this image was harder to process than the Heart nebula I posted yesterday. Here, I had to work hard not to burn out the core of ngc 1931, while also keeping the delicate shades in the rest of the nebula and in ic 417.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, peter shah said:

Possibly because the Heart has higher contrasting detail....this is a much softer object and a lot more effort needed to show its features.....which you have done brilliantly BTW, those delicate dusty tones are sublime 

You are right of course about the objects being different. But I wasn't satisfied with a few details, mostly near the core of ngc1931, where I had lost colour. Fixed now. I'll put the improved version in the original post shortly

53 minutes ago, gorann said:

Amazingly deep for only being 6 hours at f/5, particularly in the Ha. Close to what I would expect from a RASA or Epsilon image.

Thanks Göran. To paraphrase a certain song from the Beatles.

"Mak is all you need"

😜

• Haha 1