Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another forgotten capture from last year, M17

Magnum

M17 the Omega / Swan nebula. Frustrating not to be able to image due to the weather at the moment, Ive set up a couple of times in the last week only for a cloud bank to come in from the south. So was just sitting here looking through my old data and realised I hadnt posted this image from 18th Sept 2022 even though I had processed it. I think I may have been waiting to add a few short subs for the core as it's slightly blown out due to the high dynamic range of this target. Anyway posting as is as its almost a year since I captured the data LOL.

Only 50 mins of data 5 x 10 min subs

Telescope: TSED80 f6.25 Triplet refractor reduced to f4.9

Camera: Atik 383EX mono CCD.

Filter: Baader 7nm Ha

Mount: EQ8 pro

Guided, captured, stacked and stretched in MaximDL 5. processed in Photoshop and Starnett ++V2 for Mac  M1

OmegafinalFB.jpg

Edited by Magnum
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Gorgeous!!....deep  and full of detail 

Thanks Peter, I just wish I could get a clear night to grab the Oiii to finish it. Ive only had 1 crystal clear night in Kent in month and months. 

Lee

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Thanks Peter, I just wish I could get a clear night to grab the Oiii to finish it. Ive only had 1 crystal clear night in Kent in month and months. 

Lee

yes I know that frustration really well..... and it just skips high enough to get anything. All that crud you are having to look through really make it a challenge.....not easy to do....you make it look effortless 

• Like 1