Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Feedback esprit 150 0.77 focal reducer

I thought of getting one for my Esprit, but was put off because apparently when using one, it won't fully illuminate the field of a full frame sensor, the 44mm imaging circle being reduced by  0.77x to 34mm. 

John 

Edited by johnturley
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, johnturley said:

I thought of getting one for my Esprit, but was put off because apparently when using one, it won't fully illuminate the field of a full frame sensor, the 44mm imaging circle being reduced by  0.77x to 34mm. 

John 

The plan is to use it with the zwo 2600mm , 33mm will do the job but no pictures to find with these small pixels. You use it with your 6D?

4 minutes ago, Astrobug said:

The plan is to use it with the zwo 2600mm , 33mm will do the job but no pictures to find with these small pixels. You use it with your 6D?

Yes I use my 6D with the Esprit, it fully illuminates the 36 x 24 mm full frame format, but would apparently not do so with the reducer, but you should be fine with the ZWO 2600, which I understand has an APS-C (24 x 18mm) sized sensor.  However with the 6D, I do need to use a 48mm to Canon adaptor, as I found that there was some vignetting with a 42 mm T thread adaptor. 

• Like 1