Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sv205 problem

Anyone have any idea why my new sv205 is happy to work with sharpcap but not phd2 or Nina? Installed both driver versions from the svbony site. Sharpcap is ok. Nina shows the option for the svbony205 but won't connect and phd2 shows the option but says not present. And yes, I'm only trying to connect to one app at a time. 

5 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Worked in SharpCap in Long Exposure mode ?

Or was it in Video mode, which is different to the way used in PHD2 ?

Michael

Didn't check that. What was odd was that other than SC, no other app even saw the camera being connected. 

On 20/07/2023 at 12:18, Anthonyexmouth said:

Anyone have any idea why my new sv205 is happy to work with sharpcap but not phd2 or Nina? Installed both driver versions from the svbony site. Sharpcap is ok. Nina shows the option for the svbony205 but won't connect and phd2 shows the option but says not present. And yes, I'm only trying to connect to one app at a time. 

it's not the camera as such if it's working in sharp cap. Just the other platforms have not gotten support fully sorted out yet or it's a driver issue. I would give it a couple of months before assuming it's going to be an issue. Problem with being an early adopter. 

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

it's not the camera as such if it's working in sharp cap. Just the other platforms have not gotten support fully sorted out yet or it's a driver issue. I would give it a couple of months before assuming it's going to be an issue. Problem with being an early adopter. 

According to SVBony's website their cameras have native support in PHD2, and on the PHD2 website the current version of 2.6.11 states  "Updated camera support: Svbony, Touptek, ZWO ASI"  - This version was released February 2022.....  Would have thought 18 months would have been enough time to have ironed out any bugs.

I have just installed PHD2 on the PC as I too have a SV205 camera.  The camera installed on windows 10 with out the need of additional drivers.  Running PHD2 for the first time I went through the wizard, selecting SVBony Camera from the list of supported cameras.  I was then asked if the camera was connected and PHD2 would then obtain the pixel size etc. I confirmed it was... I was then presented with a pop up stating that PHD2 could not connect to the camera, but could manually add in the pixel size etc later.

However, when selecting the camera it fails

Untitled.png.3d004bb25a56219712dc874cb0c5db77.png

No error in device manager - 

At present I don't have any other software to try with this camera, and this is my main PC rather than the one in the observatory.   But this does indeed confirm that despite that 18 months since announcing SVBony camera's were supported in PHD2, this particular camera isn't.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Didn't check that. What was odd was that other than SC, no other app even saw the camera being connected. 

Well you got further than I did !

Untitled.png.8fb422080d4cacf0cbdec9e4fc157a40.png

Camera was connected and no errors shown in device manager

6 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

And then mid post windows crashed into a recovery mode stating the device failed in power up - restarting !

45 minutes ago, malc-c said:

According to SVBony's website their cameras have native support in PHD2, and on the PHD2 website the current version of 2.6.11 states  "Updated camera support: Svbony, Touptek, ZWO ASI"  - This version was released February 2022.....  Would have thought 18 months would have been enough time to have ironed out any bugs.

Got confused with the model number was thinking of a different camera. Not a fan of their model numbering system.

Edited by Adam J

55 minutes ago, malc-c said:

I have just installed PHD2 on the PC as I too have a SV205 camera.  The camera installed on windows 10 with out the need of additional drivers.  Running PHD2 for the first time I went through the wizard, selecting SVBony Camera from the list of supported cameras.  I was then asked if the camera was connected and PHD2 would then obtain the pixel size etc. I confirmed it was... I was then presented with a pop up stating that PHD2 could not connect to the camera, but could manually add in the pixel size etc later.

However, when selecting the camera it fails

Untitled.png.3d004bb25a56219712dc874cb0c5db77.png

No error in device manager - 

At present I don't have any other software to try with this camera, and this is my main PC rather than the one in the observatory.   But this does indeed confirm that despite that 18 months since announcing SVBony camera's were supported in PHD2, this particular camera isn't.

No issues with Win11 either, auto detected it with no installed drivers. 

I haven't played much more with it, been ill this week with flu and only just managed to set a session going last night before i slipped back into a nice sweaty fever. I bought an sv165 guide scope on prime day to go with it. Wanted to try a more minimal rig on my pier by losing the st80 on the side-by-side setup. 

Worst case I'll use it for cloud monitoring. 

Did find this which suggest using the WDM driver inbuilt to windows... Couldn't confirm it works as I suffered the second driver state failure whilst the camera was connected and I tried setting the resolution !

The 205 was gifted to me as part of a synscan board repair.... maybe this was why ?  For now I'll stick with my old but trusty QHY5