Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Replacement Bearings for a SW EQ5 Pro Synscan.

Dear All.

As I rarely use this Mount now, I thought I might busy myself during the short nights by stripping it down and changing the Bearings.....I've seen several references to Bearing Size & Reference Numbers, which has left me in the Dark as to what the correct sizes are.....Anyone swapped theirs and can remember what they used?

I did a CG5 which is the same as EQ5 a while back and the above video was very helpful, if a little long. I got all the bearings from SKF via Ebay and just measured the ones I removed from the mount first. 

1 hour ago, Figgis said:

Dear All.

As I rarely use this Mount now, I thought I might busy myself during the short nights by stripping it down and changing the Bearings.....I've seen several references to Bearing Size & Reference Numbers, which has left me in the Dark as to what the correct sizes are.....Anyone swapped theirs and can remember what they used?

You simply measure the bearing, one number will be the inside diameter another the outside diameter and the final one the depth of the bearing. 

Then search google for those measurements and select a nice shielded ceramic one. 

Adam 

Lovely, thank you for the reply.  I should have said though that I was planning to get everything I needed before starting, but a couple of days wait won't kill me.