Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Synscan Spares?

dark knight

Ok, think my controller board has blown up. Are spares available. Mount is an eq5 with synscan goto upgrade. Hand controller seems fine when directly powered but when powered from the motor board nothing. Please tell me spares are available as I cannot afford the full upgrade again.

Carl

Carl, had a similar problem happen to the controller on my EQ5 recently, controller blown, handset working corectly, got a very poor response from a retailer regarding getting it fixed or purchasing a spare, eventually with a very powerful magnifying glass found a tiny surface mount resistor blown on the control board between the power jack and the RJ45 connector to the handset, a kind friend managed to solder some resistance wire of the correct value into the circuit bypassing the burnt out surface mount resistor and it came back to life. Your problem sounds very similar.

After sales for these units is absloutely atrocious and given the amount spent on them it is not really good enough. A different problem ocurred during the waranty period of my unit where a servo controller chip fried itself, the unit was replaced after around a six week wait on that occasion FOC.

Hope you have better luck getting your unit fixed.

Brendan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived