Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fitting a moonlite focuser to a coronado 60mm H alpha scope

solarboy

Hi

Has anyone out there fitted a moonlite focuser to a coronado 60mm scope .

If so where would you get the adapter flange from .

I picked a moonlite off buy and sell quite cheap and just wondering if it could replace my helical focuser. 

1 hour ago, solarboy said:

Hi stevie

Do you have any photos of how you did it 

Regards Solarboy 

Sorry no. I followed an online page and the Word document was provided with the focuser. As I mentioned the ony tricky bit was getting the old focuser to unscrew, that boa strap wrench I linked to was in my Amazon order history.

This site might be clearer for you.

13 hours ago, solarboy said:

Hi stevie Which model is the moonlite you have  It don't look like the one I have. The link you sent me it looks a different  model .

Regards Solarboy 

I got my focusers direct from Moonlite (https://focuser.com/) I have one on a SW 80ED DS-Pro, one on my Lyra F10 and the Solar Max II. I emailed them for the correct models to get and had to get a flange made for the Lyra and dealt with Ron, the owner, via email.

It's quite possible the Solar Max version has a special type as it needs an internal thread for the tuner element.