NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Milky way over Delabole Slate Quarry

The Milky way core taken over the village slate quarry here in Delabole Cornwall 12-5-23 (only just got around to this) 10x13sec 6400iso for MW 4x1min 800 iso for the foreground. Calibrated with darks. 

Equipment Unmodded Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm f2.8 on a static tripod. 

Processed in Sequator, Starnett ++2 and Photoshop cs4. 

Lee 

Milky-Way-over-Delabole-Quarry-12-5-23.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, andrew63 said:

Just trying to orient myself, is that  area towards the bottom the Sagittarius Star Cloud? It's one of my favourite regions of the sky and glorious in binoculars when a bit darker.

I think this is the Sagittarius star cloud arrowed. I've gone back in Sky safari and looked at the positions and the teapot and think it is. 

Lee 

IMG_20230611_162318.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you. These were just before we lost astro darkness so around 2.30am at the time. Since we've lost astro dark my imaging scope has been mothballed until it returns so I've really been enjoying taking my dslr and Samyang lens about the village to get some nice Widefield views of twilight and Widefield Nightscapes around my village. 

Lee

15 minutes ago, FenlandPaul said:

Very nice Lee. Glad you were careful next to that quarry 😳! A very natural edit as well 👍.

Thank you so much Paul. I was definitely safe, there's a fence all the way around. Wouldn't stop you if you climbed over, but on the sheer drop sides there is a higher chain link fence. Like everything, respect your surroundings 😊

Lee 

• Like 1