SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Non existent noctilucent clouds

The morning of 5-6-23 that I tried to convince myself of very faint NLC in the distance 😂. I still like the image tho. Just at the end of my village at Green Lane. 

Taken with Canon 600D and Samyang 14mm f2.8 

2 images blended in photoshop. 

Lee

NO-nlc-5-6-23.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

Yep, that’s a lovely image Lee. “Fake” NLCs seem to abound at this time of year, but I just think it makes genuine sightings all the more pleasing.  Nice colours in the foreground flora! 👌

Thank you Paul. Yes I agree once you definitely spotted NLC you get that butterfly effect in your stomach. Once you see the almost fluorescent silvery wispy clouds. I do think early morning before sunrise is better to see, well that's when I saw my first and only NLC last year in August. see attached image. Would love the Green Lane foreground and this image next time I'm up Green Lane. 

-45ay3t.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, John said:

I got a similar snap of noctilucent clouds back in July 2020. The nice bonus was Comet Neowise also posing in the same shot 🙂

noctcomet.thumb.jpg.0d83ef2a0d52ee63f490dded236efc39.jpg

It's stunning and the bonus neowise. I never  got to image neowise as I sadly wasn't into astronomy and astrophotography then. I got into not long after 🙄

Lee