Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good offer ?

Are you going to purchase your 200P from OVL Joselin.

You normally get a couple of eyepieces with the scope I think, so if you are thinking of taking advantage of the offer, make sure the eyepieces coming with the scope, don't clash with any in the case offer.

Have a word with Steve at FLO, they do price match, so it is worth checking with them first. Unless you have already placed your order that is.

Ron.:)

The general consensus last time this was asked was that the Revelation or celestron set were better. I have to say a 2mm EP would be pushing it a bit and I doubt you'd get much use from it. A longer EP in around 32mm would be much better.

The scope should come with a 10mm and 25mm eyepiece plus the de-luxe Barlow. The supplied EPs aren't great but I found then nowehere near as bad as some people claimed.

I have used some of those LER eyepieces and they were not that good TBH. You would almost certainly never get to use the 2mm eyepiece because it provides too much power in a 200mm F/5 scope.

As others have said there are better eyepiece sets around.

John

The 2mm ep is too short for any practical purpose with this scope, and I would want to find out how these particular eps perform in an f/5 scope. Some lower priced eps are better suited to longer focal ratios. The torch is identical to one I bought last year, and is a good piece of kit. The amber filter will be most useful for enhancing contrast on Jupiter and Saturn, and the moon filter will help reduce the glare of the Moon.

It's probably a decent deal if the eps will perform well in a fast scope.

Archived