Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can't find NGC objects in siril

Hi, I've been trying to do photometric colour calibration in siril on a couple of images I got the other night.

When I go into photometric colour calibration and search for the NGC object it doesn't come up with anything. Siril says if you have the meta data in the image then you don't need to search however I have tried to search, tried using the meta and also tried I putting the RA and DEC or coordinates can't remember what it calls them. Even after trying this it still doesn't find where it is, it says to manually select over 6 stars, I only know how to select stars using PSF so I select them and try again and it says it can't find it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help

On 26/05/2023 at 16:57, labtech1122 said:

When I go into photometric colour calibration and search for the NGC object it doesn't come up with anything.

There could be a couple of reasons for that - no internet connection, the provider's server (eg SIMBAD) is down. Otherwise I havent had any such issues