Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroLandscapes #51 - Norfolk aurora

I spent a wonderful night in deepest Norfolk at the ruined church tower of a long-abandoned village.  Despite no astro-darkness, the skies were beautiful and clear the whole night although the dew was torrential (if you see what I mean!).  My principal aim was to shoot some constellation and milky way compositions over the church tower, but just as I was about to pack up, the northern skies started to dance (on camera - although a friend a few miles away on the coast caught a particularly bright pillar by eye).

Shot with a Canon 6D, Samyang 24mm f/1.4 lens (stopped to f/2), ISO 6400 and a single 4s exposure.  Edited in Photoshop. 

What a lovely surprise that kept me there for another hour (will eventually share some timelapse footage on my vlog once all edited).

Enjoy!  Paul.

20230519AuroraoverGodwickAllSaintsChurch.thumb.jpg.e9d3d1a304e2fc96cb979f67d2c197d0.jpg

• Like 16

22 hours ago, FenlandPaul said:

I spent a wonderful night in deepest Norfolk at the ruined church tower of a long-abandoned village.  Despite no astro-darkness, the skies were beautiful and clear the whole night although the dew was torrential (if you see what I mean!).  My principal aim was to shoot some constellation and milky way compositions over the church tower, but just as I was about to pack up, the northern skies started to dance (on camera - although a friend a few miles away on the coast caught a particularly bright pillar by eye).

Shot with a Canon 6D, Samyang 24mm f/1.4 lens (stopped to f/2), ISO 6400 and a single 4s exposure.  Edited in Photoshop. 

What a lovely surprise that kept me there for another hour (will eventually share some timelapse footage on my vlog once all edited).

Enjoy!  Paul.

20230519AuroraoverGodwickAllSaintsChurch.thumb.jpg.e9d3d1a304e2fc96cb979f67d2c197d0.jpg

It must of been amazing to see Paul and as you say what a way to cap off your session. Wonderful image and the pillars are stunning. Can't wait to watch your vlog. 

Lee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstroNebulee said:

It must of been amazing to see Paul and as you say what a way to cap off your session. Wonderful image and the pillars are stunning. Can't wait to watch your vlog. 

Lee

Thanks Lee. I think I missed the best of it, but thankfully caught it for an hour before it died back.  Hoping to get the vlog edited this week and out next weekend, all being well. 😊

• Like 1