NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just Got The Green Light To Build An Obsy

Coco

Ok it came at a cost. Open cheque book for my wife to re decorate the lounge including new furniture and floor :)

Still for me its worth it :)

My plan is keeping it modest at 6' x 5' because of where its most suitable to site.

I'll run some underground CAT 5 and USB plus power and that should be good for remote on the coldest evening..

Anyone got any suggestions where I can buy one ready made from?

Guy

Result Guy :)

Run Cat 5 and power have a comp in the obs and remote desktop or VNC into it...

Rather than run USB over a long distance...

I deliberately don't connect the Obs PC to the network as I like to be out there witht the scope... and on several occasions the net connection has either crashed the OBS PC screwing the guiding and imaging or I have been chatting online and mucked things up...

What design are you after...

I did my own and am only really happy with the latest "itteration" as the first design didnt work welll for widefield piggy backed stuff...

Peter...

Was thinking standard British garden shed with 20mm T&G no windows.

Am going to have to be clever at this point , as its sited on the new driveway :)

I intend to tunnel my way down through the wood floor and tease a few block pavings of the driveway in order to fit the pier.

Wish me luck :)

Excellent news - one of the best 'accessories' I have ever bought!

Or in my case ... ever made ;) followed by the pier, the wedge...

After working the whole bank holiday I have got the scopes "permenantly" installed... proper mains supply , alarms , CCTV etc...

Hoping for a clear night to tweak the alignment..

I Still have to line the inside walls and the dome and then use 2 part foam to make the walls "solid" - but the bank account needs to recover first.... but at least its functional and "secure" now...

Middle of the drive :) .... I though I was bad on the corner of the front lawn.... :) but no poitn in compimising on sky vierws if you can swing it... I even lost a tree annf moved the tv aerials to maximise my clear skies.. pity I cant do anything about the massive limes, and copper beechesd and the maze of overhead cables...

Any questions just "shout" - you know you'll get an answer...

Peter...

I used a local shed firm , that constructs sheds from scratch. I gave them a drawing of what I wanted and they came round an put it up. The roof was a bit heavy to lift but that was the only difficult bit. I then constructed the run off roof supports.

John

PS Added image , the door is off set so when you open it you do not walk into the scope/mount

post-13061-133877366864_thumb.jpg

Archived