Narrowband

Guide scope bracket for Mirrorless camera

Hi All,

I'm making the transition from full obs setup to a small portable setup. I've going to be using a Skywatcher StarAdventurer GTI with a Mirrorless camera but i also want to use a small guide scope setup. So can anyone recommend any camera brackets that would allow me to attach a finder scope to the camera

Cheers,

Rich

Does your mirrorless camera have a hot shoe bracket?  If so - you might be able to fashion a DIY mount to fix a cheap Red Dot finder - something like this one I made up  using an old RDF, an L bracket that I turned into a U bracket by hitting with a hammer, and a hot shoe foot from ebay. 

Obviously, the camera in this image is a dSLR, but if your mirrorless has the mount it might work for you.  

1562538672_RDFHotShoe.jpg.02d4f9b388a58d1219f893c2cb7d4f46.jpg

Invest in some cheese plates and mount the whole rig onto a dovetail bar, you can then configure it in a multitude of ways depending on what lenses you're using, cameras etc. I even ended up setting up two cameras at once.

Edited by Elp