Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A few snaps from Kelling

I had a very enjoyable Kelling despite the wind and rain ( ! ) and had a very reasonable imagining run. The seeing and transparency on Wednesday were so good I actually tried imaging the sky ! On the Saturday I went for my usual solo walk round the woods armed with my camera, tripod and Chunky Kit Kats.

Image 1. is a return to my favourite reflections in the water. No matter how I tried I couldn't get a clear shot of the Moon and Venus without the reeds so just rolled with it. I knew the train would pass by at some point so ran through the shot in my head many times so as not to mess it up !

Nikon Z6ii, ISO 800, 10 seconds, f 2.5, 20mm

DSC_5736-2.thumb.jpg.e4f14525051e063585a94720385e5642.jpg

Shot 2. was a " I wonder if that will work ? " image, that would have been better if I hadn't accidently changed the Aperture when I was rushing to set up. As above, you get one chance so couldn't shoot it again.

Nikon Z6ii, ISO 800, 5 seconds, f 3.5 ! Which explains why the sky is a bit thin and noisy, 20mm

DSC_5759-2.thumb.jpg.6cac6d8df599985519e5da2538570c71.jpg

Shot 3. was supposed to be a last Hurrah star trail then off back to the campsite before the expected rain. I could see the mist coming but carried on regardless. That was my first mistake as I got just under 30 minutes of usable shots. My second mistake was pointing at Sheringham light pollution in the mist and the third was choosing a boring view. I'll leave it there.

Nikon Z6ii, ISO 200, F1.8, 120 seconds per sub, 20mm

DSC_5771.thumb.jpg.3863c57df5ae3ac76b60f6d4f589b573.jpg

Dave.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, clarkpm4242 said:

What, no barns!

Cool train effect.

There's a windmill close by but I doubt the occupiers would want me to barge in and stick a red light in the window :)

Thanks re the train. It was a bit different.

Dave.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...