Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Vintage mount with modern dob

Hi Everyone

I hope you are well,

My question if anyone can help is,

I have a 1970s Fullerscope 8.5 inch on a mkIII mount, (very heavy but brilliant), I would like to use my 10 inch Bresser dob on the mount, could you please advise what type of Dovetail adaptor I would need, I don't want to modify the mounts structure, obviously I will be using the 10 inch rings, the reason I want to try this, 

is because I can use 2" eyepieces

Thank you in advance.

Mark

Edited by markie
mis spelling

Hi Mark,

Would it be possible to simply attach the rings to the mount head, then just lift the scope out of the rings at the end of an observing session? Failing that I'd suggest an ADM Vixen or Losmandy style dovetail connector and matching dovetail that you can bolt straight to your rings. Lots of ideas on FLO's site.

Thanks for the reply 

I tried bolting straight on but, where the securing bolts on the Bresser rings fit, the shoulders  (can't think of another description)  are too thick and the bolt won't line up, I  could cut a small piece off each end of the mount but, it's  survived probably half a century and I don't want to mark it .

I'll look at your suggestions though, 

Thanks  again 

Mark

• 3 months later...

Hi All

Thanks for the responses, I managed to bolt it on but I decided it just wasn't right, so I've put the Fullerscope back on ad put the Bresser back on it's own base, thought I'd include a couple of pics of the Fullerscope.

Mark

20230719_154302.jpg

20230719_154332.jpg

• Like 1