SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bit missing from star images

You'll be able to tell if it's the dew shield from your flats and it would be around the outside of the frame only. The pattern is more like something around or next to the secondary mirror.

Although it does look a bit better I'd still guess that there's something infringing on one of your mirrors. The only reason I suggest this is as with any centrally obstructed scope, if a star is out of focus and you say hold your finger or hand next to the central obstruction, you can see this in your image where the finger/hand is as a dark spike around the star, as it's present on most if not all the stars in your image this is my guess.

How is the artifact oriented with respect to the ground? Thermal plume effects, either from a warm floor or from the OTA itself if it's not been allowed to cool, can look like that. If you look at a defocused star in live view it will be immediately obvious if it's thermal plume.