SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Onstep mount controller first steps

AL1

Hi,

I have got first onstep proto hardware working.  I am impressed with the technology maturity of the onstep mount controller system.   Long tern goal is to control a vixen GP from a phone planetarium app16815521627104356502790783662291.thumb.jpg.f569a276ab772b7e7396141cae94671d.jpg

• Like 5

I have soldered header pins into the veroboard for each of the modules so I can change boards easily.    I managed to fry only one ESP32 so far by plugging it in back to front.   I have had success connected to onstep phone app and skysafari and can issue goto commands etc.   I also have a bluetooth joystick t/ gamepad on order to try.   After that mechanical integration on the mount

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi, 

Recently I finish a SW EQ5 OnStep GoTo mod with MKS Gen-L v.2.1 custom 3D printer/CNC board, steppers and belts. It works under control of ASIAir Plus.

Earlier I made an Opus Magnum EQ fork mount from scratch based on FYSETC S6 v.2, it works with both Astroberry and ASIAir. Harmonic gearing was used and of course steppers. 

A few months ago I finished a 1:20 scale 3D printed model of a New Robotic Telescope build by Liverpool John Moore University on La Palma, also steppers and belts, but this time an OnStepX was used. 

I love the OnStep/OnStepX and the new challenges. 🤩