Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Asiair....unreal.

paul mc c

Yup, while was setting up early yesterday evening, one of the inmates asked if I was going to do some stargazing. I said no, I'll be doing some screengazing later.

I don't have can ASIAir and I'd find a phonec screen a bit small. But I do use a mini PC / APT at the scope and control it over WiFi on an old iPad I got given a while ago.

So when I took the screen shot below, I had my feet up infront of the wood stove. I mean, this thing even focuses for me 😊. I want to bed and left it to do its thing.

I could get into this stargazing lark.

Screenshot2023-04-06234540.thumb.jpg.5ab0fa774769d8148f22db2d197284a1.jpg

• Like 1

There may be better tools if you connect a power pack, mini pc, NINA etc. but the sheer simplicity of ASIair and the fact it just works has totally transformed my imaging time.

Made even better by leaving the mount, scope, camera, ASIair etc. all out in my garden under a 365 Hood so i can be imaging in just a few minutes!

Love it.

• Like 2