Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

More Moon and Schroter

petevasey

As I said in my earlier offering I rarely image the Moon.  But typically we've had two clear nights on the trot with the very bright Moon near my current deep sky target.  And when you consider how much less hassle it is to get a few minutes of Moon instead of hours for deep sky it seems daft not to make use of the opportunity!  I particularly wanted to get a reasonable shot of the interesting Schroter's Valley area, so I set to on both 2nd and 3rd of April.   Much better seeing on 2nd, so the (full size) disc is presented here along with an enhancement and double sized clip of Schroter's.  Full disc a mosaic of 3 image sets.  Altair GPCAM3 (mono) on SharpStar 140 refractor.  Schroter's a bit over shadowed, so another look on 3rd, this time a 'Region of Interest' image so a lot more subs, but seeing not so good.  But here it is, again double sized, for completeness.  My SharpStar is doing a good job, but of course for resolution can't compete with Neil's superb 12".  And at my location in the lee of the Pennines the seeing is rarely stable.  Maybe next time round my 10" RC will be on the mount and I'll give it a go for some close ups.  I don't think I'll try for a full disc - it would need a huge mosaic!

Cheers,

Peter

2ndApril2023.jpg

Schroters2ndApril 2023.jpg

Schroters3rdApril2023.jpg

Edited by petevasey
  • Like 2