NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

source for M8 pier alt alightment az adjustment post ?

powerlord

Hi chaps, I'm setting up 2 piers using the EQ6 adapter plates from JTW Astronomy. However, these have for some reason, for M8 threads for the az post - and therefore I cannot use the ones from the actual EQ6 tripod (m10)

Obviously, getting a couple of SS M10 bolts with unthreaded top bits and lopping off the heads is my second option, but if there is a supplier of az bolts with flat sides like the originals, that'd be my preference.

And I don't really fancy trying to hand tap out the holes to M10s to fit the EQ6 ones - as I reckon I'd botch that.

anyone have any sources ?

cheers

stu

Edited by powerlord

• powerlord changed the title to source for M8 pier alt alightment az adjustment post ?

leaving this up incase helpful for anyone else with a brain block..

solution - m8 hex coupling nuts.

use piece of m8 bar or a nut with top lopped off - thread into m8 hole with hex coupling nut and a half nut.

adjust to proper height and adjust hex so flats face az bolts and use half nut to lock. simples. flat face for az bolts to push against, and no need to tap anything or buy any special bolts.

🙂

stu