SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Pst or Lunt 50

Neil H

I can't help with the comparison but would say I have been very pleased with my Lunt 50. Proms particularly are shown very well and there's also lots of surface features and detail. 

The scope feels chunky and very well made, the pressure tuner particularly has a very solid feel to it.

The focuser is not the best but I  find it adequate! It actually gives very fine focus control. I had a problem with my focuser after 6 months or so of use; the whole draw tube started to rotate slightly but @FLO very kindly replaced it for me with no quibble.

A 'must have' accessory is the Tele Vue Sol Searcher. It makes finding the sun a doddle!

Malcolm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MalcolmM said:

I can't help with the comparison but would say I have been very pleased with my Lunt 50. Proms particularly are shown very well and there's also lots of surface features and detail. 

The scope feels chunky and very well made, the pressure tuner particularly has a very solid feel to it.

The focuser is not the best but I  find it adequate! It actually gives very fine focus control. I had a problem with my focuser after 6 months or so of use; the whole draw tube started to rotate slightly but @FLO very kindly replaced it for me with no quibble.

A 'must have' accessory is the Tele Vue Sol Searcher. It makes finding the sun a doddle!

Malcolm 

Lunt ha scopes come with a searcher as part of the package, when it comes to viewing / positioning the sun there is no alternative. I have had my Lunt 50 for a couple of months, replacing my 40 but the temps have been too low that I haven't had a chance to try it, lol. I ordered the Moonlight focuser for it and the case but they are on a few months backorder.

Edited by LDW1

18 hours ago, tico said:

Hello, 

I've the Lunt 40 b600, really a great solar scope, comparatively with a PSt, very old and a good Lunt 50 b400, I like more the Lunt 40 image, in visual mode, why? 

I Don't Know!! 

All above is my humble and personal opinión!! 

Thanks, 

Tico

I just sold my Lunt 40 as I mention above but the scope is a great well built scope, with excellent, detailed views, you just have to remember to pull the diagonal out about 1/2" to gain perfect focus, thats a common given.