NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher NEQ6 Pro Mount Help!

I recently bought the NEQ6 mount second hand and very happy with it so far. However, I’m having an issue with the mount dropping forward when the counterweights are put on. I’ve tightened the Allen key bolts ok the mount but not sure if there’s something I’m missing. 

im using three counterweights as I have the Skywatcher 250pds. It even fell forward when the scope was attached. 

I’ve added a photo as an example of what happens when the mount falls forward. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers! 

82DD6561-CFDC-47EE-B7B9-303A772F0161.jpeg

Hello AstroGeorge84 and welcome to the site.

I can't see from your picture, but do you have a clamp arrangement on the other side of the mount similar to the picture below?

Screenshot_20230311_231918_Chrome2.thumb.jpg.0565107be9ec7a221662b13f1185de3b.jpg

• Like 1

EDIT I did post a comment but on reflection realised it wouldn’t help on your type of mount.
On thinking about it I suspect it’s due to the mount’s altitude control knob either being broken or simply not tightened up enough to hold it steady.

Edited by Moonshed
  • Like 1

Thanks, yeah everything seems to be super tight, but I’m maybe missing something. It was a pretty scary experience when I took my scope off the mount and the bloody thing just fell forward, weights battering into the front leg of the tripod. 
I’ll go over all the bolts tomorrow and make sure it is all proper tight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1