Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ekos/Indi no longer working with ZWO cameras

Hello,

New to KStars/Ekos/Indi...had everything working a couple nights ago, on my way to doing imaging.

Ekos told me it could not plate solve for my polar alignment.  This started my trouble.  The stars looked fine in the image so I started

fiddling with settings and such.  I did have the correct FOV in Ekos, and the correct Index files...

The next night, it told me the ZWO 1600MM and the 120 mini were crashing.  I disconnected in Ekos, but then tried Oa capture.  It worked

just fine with both cameras, nothing wrong with the camera or the usb.  Ekos had no problem with the filter wheel and the mount.

I have been reading where others have changed cables, ports on the usb.  None of that helped.  AND, each time Oa capture worked just fine.

I also tried updating everything with apt-get, that all went fine, but no help.

Can someone tell me where I can ask for help with Indi???

Thanks in advance!

Glen K4KV

Moultrie, GA

Celestron CGX, Orion 10" astrograph

1600MM and 120 mini

ASI EFW, SVBony 50 mm guider scope

RPI4 4gig with SSD, GPS dongle

Lots of questions for clarification but firstly are you using, for instance, an Astroberry image or have you compiled your own package?

and also an answer to your question - the Indi Forum is www.indilib.org/forum

Edited by Avocette

5 minutes ago, k4kv said:

Can someone tell me where I can ask for help with Indi???

https://www.indilib.org/forum/index.html

As always, it's a good idea to have an alternative. Make a complete KStars/Ekos/INDI install on anoher laptop/RPi4, test if it works there. Maybe you can get things going just by replacing the memorycard with the OS in the Pi with a backup? Trouble with platesolving indicates a config error someplace, while cameras randomly crashing is a sign of bad connections or conflicting USB-ports.

56 minutes ago, k4kv said:

I used a precompiled Astroberry package, and then put that on the SSD, so I am booting off the SSD.

OK - so if you carried out a sudo apt update and sudo apt upgrade that means you should be on KStars 3.6.0 and Indi 1.9.7. I had some issues with plate solving on the first couple of nights with these versions. I think that there are some features in the Alignment module in the Configuration settings which are not really default ones. The Options Profile starts out as 4-SmallScaleSolving. I had better success with choice 1-Default.